Today Akai Professional introduced the Akai Fire, the first dedicated hardware controller for FL Studio. Created in collaboration with Image-Line, the software manufacturer of FL Studio, the Fire controller is designed to speed up the creative workflow and enhance the overall user experience.
Debuting shortly after the launch of FL Studio 20, Fire comes just as FL Studio becomes available for use with the Mac OS platform, creating a hands-on way to interact with the DAW for both PC and Mac users alike.
Featuring plug-and-play integration, Fire boasts a 4×16 velocity-sensitive RGB pad matrix. Users can quickly input patterns on the Step Sequencer or switch over to Performance Mode for live playing and recording of notes and launching patterns.
Fire includes four banks of four touch-capacitive knobs, enabling the user to quickly see and adjust parameter values, enabling a ‘mouse-free’ intuitive workflow with extensive control over channel, mixer and user-assignable parameters.
Akai Pro FIRE Features:
- Plug-and-play integration with FL Studio
- Quickly input patterns along the timeline in the step sequencer
- 4 x 16 Matrix of Velocity-Sensitive RGB Pads
- Expandable up to four units, creating the potential for an 8 x 32 Matrix
- Record notes in Performance mode
- Graphical OLED display
- 4 banks of assignable Touch-Capacitive Knobs
- Instantly navigate the Channel Rack, Browser, Tool Bar and Playlist windows
- Use dedicated controls to quickly browse audio and project files
- Dedicated Transport controls
- USB Bus Powered
FL Studio ‘Fruity Fire’ Edition is also included with the controller, and is engineered especially for use with Akai Fire. The bundled Fruity Fire Edition features everything the user might need in one package to compose, arrange, edit, mix and master professional quality music. The Fruity Fire Edition allows the user access to FL Studio’s piano roll editor and step sequencer, 500 tracks, VST & DXi instrument support, full automation functionality, plus over 18 virtual instruments and more than a dozen built-in effects and processors.
Pricing and Availability. The Akai Pro FIRE controller is available today, and US retail price is $199.99.
For additional information about the Fire controller, visit the Akai Professional website.