Studio Electronics has released the SE-02 EXT BOX – a companion to the Roland SE-02 synthesizer that adds expanded input and output, an adjustable high-pass filter, overdrive and additional control options.
It’s available in a black steel case, similar to the SE-02 itself, and with or without wood end-cheeks.
- Variable high-pass filter with drive control, for severe distortion and gain boost with on/off switch
- Interface to 1/4″ connections: external input/audio output
- External Input 1/8″ and 1/4″ multed
- Audio Output 1/8″ and 1/4″ multed
- Secondary VCF CV input
- Filter CV source switch: knob or secondary source selection—such as your modular
- 3 Gate options: fixed gate switch, momentary gate switch (transformer), external gate input
- Large filter control knob for smooth or sharp, highly articulated sweeps
- Back panel 1/8″-1/4″ connections: 1/8” and 1/4″ inputs; 1/8” and 1/4” outputs
- Din interconnect: Output, Ext Input, VCF CV, Gate (cable included)
- True bypass
- Eurorack voltage compatible
- Interfaces with other desktop and modular synths
- 12v 3 prong low profile power adapter: one socket space for the US supply; the EU/UK supply is slightly larger and heavier
- Roland style metal sides option
- SidesExotica wooden end cheek option
Pricing and Availability
The SE-02 EXT BOX is available now for US $139 with metal sides or for $165 with Paduak Sides.
via Thomas Chalan