AudioKit Pro’s Matthew Fecher let us know about their latest app, Digital D1 Synth, a 64-voice hybrid virtual analog/PCM software synth for iPad.
Following up on their epic Synth One project, Digital D1 explores different territory, inspired by classic digital synths of the 80’s and 90’s.
- 64-voice Hybrid Digital Poly Synthesis.
- 300+ presets by Brice Beasley, Matthew Fecher, Red Sky Lullaby, Jakob Haq, Dean Daughters (Electronisounds), Sound of Izrael, AfroDJMac, and more
- Full 1+ Gigabyte of original samples recorded from analog & fm synths over 30+ years old.
- Space-saving Compression. The whole app is under 150mb
- Dual layers per voice. Keyboard splits. Velocity Scaling.
- Vintage-style Arp/Step Sequencer that can be routed to specific layers.
- 3 LFOs. Fun Routings. LFOs can modify other LFOs.
- Dual Independent per-Layer filters
- Plus, Per-voice harmonic key tracked Envelope filters. At full polyphony, that’s 130-filters running at once!
- FX: Glorious Reverb, Phaser, Digital Delay, Distortion, Flanger, Chorus, Crush, and more.
- Inter-app Audio & AudioBus 3
- Perfect with a MIDI Keyboard
- Ableton Link
Note: It’s optimized for new iPads, so if you have an iPad 4 or earlier, no can do.
Pricing and Availability
Digital D1 is available now for US $4.99. 100% of proceeds from this app go to support the AudioKit open-source project & AudioKit Synth One.