Uli Behringer today shared an update on his company’s plans for a new line of inexpensive Eurorack modules – and they are bigger than what they have previously revealed.
Early in the year, Behringer shared his company’s plans for a line of 13 Eurorack modules, based on classic Roland System 100M designs. Now, Behringer says that they have 8 modules in the works and close to 40 planned:
We have now completed the prototype of the first Module, the 110 VCO, VCF, VCA and there are 5 more in the immediate pipeline.
We’re currently doing the testing and will hopefully be able to release them for production soon.
We’re planning to launch close to 40 modules over the next 2 years at a suggested retail price between US$ 49 and 99 each.
Wouldn’t it be great to see lots of people get into Eurorack and enjoy modular synthesis?
Behringer shared images of the VCO prototype, below:
The company has only announced plans for its first 13 modules:
- SYSTEM 100 174 PARAMETRIC EQ
- SYSTEM 100 173 QUAD SIGNAL GATE/ PATCH BAY
- SYSTEM 100 172 PHASE SHIFTER/AUDIO DELAY/GATE DELAY/LFO
- SYSTEM 100 165 DUAL PORTAMENTO CONTROLLER
- SYSTEM 100 150 RING MOD/NOISE/ S&H/LFO
- SYSTEM 100 132 DUAL CV/AUDIO MIXER & CV GENERATOR
- SYSTEM 100 131 MIXER/OSCILLATOR/ HEADPHONE AMP
- SYSTEM 100 130 DUAL VCA
- SYSTEM 100 121 DUAL VCF
- SYSTEM 100 112 DUAL VCO
- SYSTEM 100 182 ANALOG SEQUENCER
- SYSTEM 100 140 DUAL ENVELOPE/LFO
- SYSTEM 100 110 VCO/VCF/VCA
Behringer describe the panel renderings as initial drafts.