Twisted Electrons has introduced the TherapKid ‘chiptune supersynth’.
TherapKid has 2 voices, each voice consisting of 4 oscillators. In duophonic mode, you can play 2 notes at once, in mono mode you can detune them. You can also detune each of the oscillators to form chords or drones.
While the wavetables are 8-bit, they are processed by a 96MHz 32BIT processor and put out of a 16BIT DAC, with oversampling and filtering. The combination of retro sound, generated by modern hardware, allows for plenty of summing headroom, a rich sounding filter, and complex modulations.
- Set the volume of the 8 waveforms independently*
- Tune each of the 8 waveforms independently (chords, drones)*
- Sine wave for pure tones and deep sub bass*
- Muti-mode arpeggiator
- Ring modulator
- Duophonic or monophonic modes
- Hybrid 6581/8580 inspired multimode filter (Low pass, High pass, Band Pass, Notch)
- Dual therapSid style LFO with up to 48 connections that can be made a a push of a button.
- 50 Preset memory with wild random preset generator
- Hardware MIDI via included 3.5mm >Din5 cable
- USB Powered (can be battery powered with a USB battery brick)
* Can’t be done on a real SID
Pricing and Availability
The TherapKid is expected to be available in May 2019, priced at 255 euro, plus vat & shipping.