At Superbooth 2019, Superlative will be introducing the SB-1/Space Bee synthesizer, described as ‘The sound of the past, crafted for the future.”
Full details are to come, but the SB-1/Space Bee combines a vintage analog synth voice with modern connectivity and a dual-channel sequencer that lets you sequence the synth plus external gear.
Superlative also says that the Space Bee is the “first rechargeable analog synthesizer”.
- Replica 3340 voltage controlled oscillator and classic 4-pole OTA VCF with discrete envelope
- USB, MIDI, and CV/gate input and output allow for simple musical interfacing with other synthesizers and modular gear.
- The SB-1 utilizes a newly-developed full-size keyboard based on tactile rubber dome switches for a fast and responsive feel.
- A precision engineered chassis enables a new form factor that is thinner than one inch, yet rugged enough for everyday portability and use.
- The SB-1 is the first ever analog synthesizer to incorporate a rechargeable battery, allowing all-day playability between charges.
- A new dual-layer sequencer allows for synchronized control of a second instrument via CV/gate or MIDI for a dynamic synth duet.
Pricing and Availability
Details on pricing and availability are still to come at the Superlative site.