Wave Casual has introduced a new geometry-based synthesizer, Nylon, for Mac & Windows.
They say that their goal was to make sound design fun and accessible, by providing an interesting way to explore sound:
“To achieve this, we developed a new synthesis method that uses geometric shapes as the basis for sound generation. This new kind of oscillator lets you define the timbre via a circular path. The algorithm translates this path to sound, preserving aesthetic properties like sharpness, complexity and symmetry.
Each oscillator comes with two shapes, that can be morphed into each other. This lets you easily create complex, interesting, moving timbres, all before the filter.”
- 2 geometric oscillators
- 2 sub oscillators
- Noise generator
- Frequency modulation
- Analog modeled filters with drive
- VCAs with analog modeled distortion
- Chorus and delay
- 6 freely assignable modulators
- 3 freely assignable MIDI inputs
- Drag & Drop modulation assignment
- LFO and ADSR modulator types
- Shared online preset library
- Efficient tagging, and searching of presets
- In-app help for every parameter
Pricing and Availability
Nylon is available now, as a VST and AU plugin for Windows and MacOS, for 89,99 € incl. VAT.