iZotope has introduced Neutron 3, an update that they say is “designed to bring mix workflows into the 21st century”.
“Our customers are always finding innovative ways to use our Assistants to benefit their workflow and Mix Assistant is no different,” says iZotope Product Manager Dan Gonzalez. “With machine learning, we’re helping everyone get to a great starting point for their mix, so they can stay focused on their creative input.”
Sculptor is a new module (available in Neutron 3 Standard, and Advanced) for sweetening, fixing, and creative applications. Sculptor works like a per-band army of compressors and EQs to shape any track. It also communicates with Track Assistant to understand each instrument and gives real-time feedback to help shape tracks to a target EQ curve, or experiment with new sounds.
In addition, Neutron 3 includes many new improvements and enhancements based on feedback from the community, including a redesigned Masking Meter that automatically flags masking issues and allows them to be fixed from a convenient one-window display.
Neutron 3 has also had a major overhaul in performance for faster processing and load times and smooth metering. Sessions with multiple Neutrons open much quicker, and refresh rates for visualizations have doubled.
- New Mix Assistant: choose a focal point for a mix and let Neutron 3 automatically set levels before you ever have to touch a fader.
- New Sculptor module: Use iZotope spectral shaping to make instrument tracks sound more like themselves…or something else entirely.
- Improved Masking Meter prevents tracks from stepping on each other and muddying the mix.
- Visual Mixer & iZotope Relay: Launch Mix Assistant directly from Visual Mixer and move tracks in a virtual space, tapping into iZotope-enabled inter-plugin communication.
- Improved interface: Smooth visualizations and a resizable interface.
- Work faster with huge performance gains that make system slowdowns and standstills a thing of the past.
- Improved Track Assistant listens to your audio and creates a custom preset for you based on what it hears.
- 8 plug-ins in ‘one convenient mothership’. Build your signal chain directly within one highly connected, intelligent interface with: Sculptor, EQ with Soft Saturation mode, Transient Shaper, 2 Compressors, Gate, Exciter, and Limiter.
- Component plug-ins: Complete freedom and control over Neutron’s 8 modules as a single plug-in or as 8 individual plug-in workhorses.
- Tonal Balance Control: Updated to support Neutron 3 to further help you shape a balanced mix based on tens-of-thousands of professional mixes.
- 7.1 Surround sound support and zero-latency mode in all 8 modules for professional, lightweight processing for audio post or surround music mixes.
- Visual Mixer and iZotope Relay will be Included free with all Neutron 3 Advanced demo downloads. In addition, Music Production Suite 2.1 will now include Neutron 3 Advanced, and iZotope Elements Suite will be updated to include Neutron Elements (v3).
Neutron 3 will be available in three different flavors – Neutron Elements, Neutron 3 Standard, and Neutron 3 Advanced. For more details , see the iZotope site.
Availability and Pricing
- Neutron Elements (v3) – $129 MSRP ($99 introductory pricing through 6/30)
- Neutron 3 Standard – $249 MSRP ($199 introductory pricing through 6/30)
- Neutron 3 Advanced – $399 MSRP ($299 introductory pricing through 6/30)
- Music Production Suite 2.1 – $999 MSRP ($599 introductory pricing through 6/30)
- Mix & Master Bundle, Advanced – $699 MSRP ($499 introductory pricing through 6/30)
- Mix & Master Bundle, Standard – $349 MSRP ($299 introductory pricing through 6/30)
- Elements Suite (v4) – $199 MSRP ($149 introductory pricing through 6/30)
- Neutron 3 Visual Mixer – Free (with a 10 day demo download of Neutron 3 Advanced)