Today Focusrite unveiled the third generation of their Scarlett range of USB audio interfaces.
The new Scarlett interfaces are available in six configurations of ins and outs, paired with high-performing Scarlett mic preamps, along with Air, high headroom instrument inputs, and high-performance converters.
Scarlett 3rd Gen features include:
- Upgraded audio performance: The 3rd Gen mic pre is the best Scarlett has ever experienced. The 24-bit/192kHz converters give users’ recordings clarity, whilst Air mode breathes life into vocals, adding unique high-end detail.
- An interface for everyone: The 3rd Generation of Focusrite’s best-selling interface range includes I/O configurations to suit many situations. Choose from Solo, 2i2, 4i4 8i6, 18i8 or 18i20. The new 4i4 and 8i6 add more line I/O as compared to the 2nd Gen 2i4 and 6i6. New Solo and 2i2 Studio Packs are also available, with Scarlett HP60 MkIII headphone and CM25 MkIII condenser microphone included.
- Breathe life into your recordings: The upgraded mic preamps can reproduce the Air effect of Focusrite’s original ISA mic preamp, giving vocals and acoustic music a brighter and more spacious sound.
- New interactive Quick Start: These interfaces are easy to get up and running, and Focusrite’s Quick Start tool speeds users through registration and guides them through setting up software and drivers.
- Low-latency rock-solid USB driver: USB latency “so low you won’t notice it”: record and monitor everything in real time with many favourite plug-ins in place.
- Type-C USB connection: Utilizing the latest USB connectivity for greater versatility: the Scarlett interfaces plug into a laptop using the supplied USB-C to USB-A cable for use whenever and wherever recording happens.
- Improved inputs and outputs: Instrument inputs with impressive headroom, additional line-level inputs for flexible recording setups, and balanced TRS outputs to eliminate speaker hum.
- Intuitive monitoring features: Focusrite’s “iconic” gain halos light up to indicate input levels, making it easier to create distortion-free recordings.
Every Scarlett interface comes with a range of software tools including:
- Ableton® Live Lite
- Pro Tools® | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Free three-month Splice Sounds subscription
- XLN Audio Addictive Keys
- Focusrite Red Plug-in Suite
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
Plus a two-year warranty and membership of the Focusrite Plug-In Collective, offering regular free software downloads and discounts.
Pricing and Availability. The new third-generation Scarlett USB audio interfaces are available now, via authorized dealers or via the Focusrite website, and are priced as follows:
- Scarlett Solo: $109.99
- Scarlett Solo Studio: $219.99
- Scarlett 2i2: $159.99
- Scarlett 2i2 Studio: $269.99
- Scarlett 4i4: $229.99
- Scarlett 8i6: $299.99
- Scarlett 18i8: $399.99
- Scarlett 18i20: $499.99
More information, photographs, and individual product specifications, is available on the Focusrite website.