Make Noise shared this video demo for its new Tape & Microsound Music Machine, introduced at Superbooth.
The Tape and Microsound Music Machine is a small stereo Eurorack system, devoted to ‘capturing external sounds and sculpting them into new ones’.
The Morphagene operates as a recorder that also allows the artist to mulch, layer and rearrange the sound and manipulate the speed and direction of playback. The Mimeophon repeats sounds and subjects them to further manipulation, and when combined with the Quad Peak Animation System (QPAS), incredible stereo sculpting of the spectrum. The Wogglebug and MATHS work to animate these effects, and the XOH provides a final stereo mix and line level or headphone outputs for monitoring and/or performance.
- Voltage Controlled DSP (Digital Signal Processing)
- Voltage Controlled Stereo Repeats and Halos: Mimeophon
- Voltage Controlled Stereo Granularization: Morphagene
- Complex Random Voltage Generator: Wogglebug
- Dual analog control signal generator: MATHS
- Signal Distribution and fan out: MULT
- Voltage controlled multi-mode multi-peak stereo filtering: QPAS
- Stereo mixing and final outputs: XOH
- 3U Skiff w/ power supply
- Patch cables
- Blanking panels as appropriate (selection may vary)
Pricing and Availability
The Tape & Microsound Music Machine is available for $2120 USD.