Joranalogue Audio Design has announced that Generate 3, its universal signal generator module, is now available worldwide. First announced last spring at Superbooth 2019, Generate 3 gives the user full through-zero control over all aspects of electronic sound: frequency, amplitude, phase and timbre, for the first time in an analog oscillator.
‘Synth DiY Guy’ Quincas Moreira has published a detailed Generate 3 overview video:
- High-stability precision analogue triangle-core VC(LF)O with fine and coarse tuning.
- Waveform outputs: core (triangle), fundamental (sine), even (saw), odd and full (mix of timbral channels).
- 1 volt/octave pitch tracking over the full audio range.
- Exponential frequency modulation with polariser knob.
- Through-zero linear frequency modulation with symmetry/modulation polariser knob, and AC-coupling and bias switches.
- Through-zero phase modulation with 900° of shift range.
- Through-zero amplitude modulation of three timbral channels: fundamental, even and odd harmonics.
- Two simultaneous oscillator synchronisation types: reset (hard sync) and flip (soft sync).
- LF mode for LFO use. Ultra-wide total frequency range: 2.8 mHz (6 minutes) to 27 kHz, a range of nearly 10,000,000:1!
- Impedance-compensated outputs with dual-colour LEDs.
- Trim potentiometer accessible from the front panel.
- Precision-milled 2 mm anodised aluminium front panel with high-resolution, non-erasable graphics.
- Bullet-proof design: polarised power header and MOSFET protection circuit.
- Includes 16-to-10-pin Eurorack power ribbon cable.
- Premium mounting hardware: black screws, black nylon washers and matching hex key.
- High-quality components and assembly; designed and made in Belgium.
Pricing and Availability. Joranalogue Audio Design’s Generate 3 ($350 US) is available at Eurorack dealers worldwide, including new Joranalogue dealers Moog Audio in Canada, and Juno Records in the United Kingdom.
More information is available at the Joranalogue website.