At the 2020 NAMM Show, being held in Anaheim, California Jan 16-19, Lekholm Instruments will be showing their DM48 MIDI controller harmonica.
The Lekholm DM48 is a unique electronic instrument controller in the form of a chromatic harmonica. Twelve independent pressure sensors puts players in control of a world of synthetic sounds.
Here’s a short video demo:
Since it’s a MIDI instrument, it can be used on stage without mics or feedback. It also makes it easy to use other sounds, as demonstrated in Jason Keene’s performance below:
- 12 precision pressure sensors
- USB MIDI
- Instant key changes
- Stores multiple settings & tunings
- Built-in tuning editor
- Export & import tunings
- Highly adjustable response
- Adjustable breathing resistance
- Single or multichannel output
- Compact size
- OLED display
- Anodized aluminum mouthpiece
- Protective nylon case
The DM48 can be connected directly to a computer via a USB. An Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter allows connection to an iPad/iPhone. A MIDI USB host adapter is needed to connect the DM48 to a standard 5-pin MIDI connector.
Pricing and Availability
DM48 Digital Chromatic Harmonica – non-EU customers or EU corporate
- SEK 6400 (no VAT) plus shipping SEK 240 (approx. EUR 620)
- EU customers SEK 8000 incl. VAT plus shipping SEK 240 (approx. EUR 780)
A 15% discount will be offered during NAMM, whether the order is placed online or through us in person (note that orders will be dispatched after Jan 23). See the Lekholm Instruments site for details.