birdkids, in collaboration with formlabs, has announced °Grid, a new controller designed to give you tactile control over mobile applications.
They’ve shared a video, embedded above, that demonstrates pairing °Grid via Bluetooth BLE to Apple’s GarageBand on an iPhone.
- MIDI is transmitted to the App to control the stock lead sound.
- The MIDI is pipelined to an external Filter Plug-In’s automation.
- The plug-in processes Audio from GarageBand for additional Cutoff parameter control modulated by the built-in Accelerometer in °Grid.
- A cross-platform, companion App visually maps parameters to pads and enables color-coding as well as saving presets for instant recall to control any Bluetooth or Wi-Fi enabled, MIDI / OSC compatible App or external Hardware.
- Lightweight enclosures, made out of biodegradable materials in multiple color finishes offer individual style choices.
- High-capacity, built-in, rechargeable Li-Ion battery
Pricing and Availability
Availability of °Grid will be announced at the End of January 2020. MSRP from 89 EUR. See the birdkids site for additional details