Critter & Guitari has launched a Kickstarter project to fund production of the EYESY video synthesizer.
The EYESY has audio and MIDI inputs, so you can generate visuals that react to your music. And it outputs video to HDMI or Composite Video Output (NTSC or PAL), so it is easy to connect to a variety of TVs, displays and projectors.
You can tweak the video synth’s ‘Modes’ using the hardware controls, add and remove Modes using a browser-based interface, or even create your own Modes, if you can program in Python.
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- 1.2 GHz Processor
- 1GB RAM
- An 8GB micro SD card holds the operating system and modes
- HDMI Output
- Composite Video Output (NTSC or PAL)
- Stereo Line Input
- 1/8″ Mini MIDI jack (TRS Type A connection)
- USB MIDI (for class compliant devices)
- Dimensions: 6.0 x 3.5 x 2.2″ / 15.24 x 8.9 x 5.6 cm. Height includes knobs.
- Powder Coated Aluminum
- Rubber Feet
- USB-WiFi Adapter
- Power Supply. Input: 100-240VAC @ 50/60Hz. Output: 9VDC, 1.3A, Center-positive polarity.
Pricing and Availability
Production of the EYESY Video Synthesizer is being funded via a Kickstarter project and it is available to project backers starting at $295 USD. The project has already surpassed its funding goal.