Eventide has introduced ShimmerVerb for VST, AU, AAX, and AUv3 – a new plugin inspired by the ‘shimmer’ effect pioneered by Daniel Lanois & Brian Eno.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
“ShimmerVerb combines a massively lustrous reverb with parallel pitch shifters to add ethereal layers making any signal, well, ‘shimmer.’
Oftentimes, producers would achieve the effect by using Eventide pitch-shifting hardware such as the H910, H949, or H3000 or other rack mount units in combination with a reverb. This production technique was popularized by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno on U2’s The Unforgettable Fire.
Now, this iconic sound has been refined and extended with a modern, unified interface that is great for adding dreamy ambiance to guitars, keys, synths, samples, and vocals.”
- Reverb plug-in with parallel pitch-shifters on the reverb tail
- Easily pitch with perfect fourths, fifths, and octaves
- MicroPitch tuning available around perfect intervals
- Four octaves of pitch shifting (from two octaves down to two octaves up)
- Delay pitched signals up to one second or sync them to your DAW’s tempo
- FEEDBACK determines how much delayed signal is fed back into the input of the reverb
- Low, Mid, and High cross-over network determines which frequencies are fed back
- FREEZE holds the current state of the reverb in a smeared texture
- The RIBBON allows for real-time modification of several parameters at once
- HOTSWITCH allows for instant switching between two sets of parameters within one preset
Pricing and Availability
ShimmerVerb is available now with an intro price of $39.