Developer Yuri Turov shared this preview of Velvet Machine, a new audio effect that promises to bring that ‘velvet noise convolution fairy dust’ to your audio.
Velvet Machine is an audio effect based on real-time convolution with enveloped velvet noise.
It’s designed to:
- Stretch and blur out even short sounds to lengths of up to 10 seconds
- Produce reverb-like textures with flexible volume envelope (including reverse, fading in and out, pulsating etc.)
- Work as a variable density random multi-tap delay (bordering on granular-like sounds)
- Flexible volume envelope with arbitrary number of segments and curvature
- Effect time ranging from 100 ms to 10 s
- Response density adjustable from 1 to 2000 repeats per second
- Predelay up to 500 ms
- High cut and low cut filters for the effected signal
- Mix adjustable from 100% dry to 100% wet with no dry signal
- Mix Lock to switch presets while keeping the dry/wet mix constant
Pricing and Availability
Velvet Machine is available now for $5.99 USD.