Ahead of the 2021 NAMM Show, being held online Jan 21-24, Kurzweil has officially introduced the K2700 synthesizer workstation, a massive evolutionary leap for V.A.S.T. Synthesis.
Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology (V.A.S.T.) has for decades been recognized as one of the most powerful and flexible platforms for synthesis. The K2700 takes V.A.S.T. and the K2x00 series to a new level, though, offering 5 times the polyphony, gigabytes of sample capacity, FM synthesis, VA synthesis, 32-layers per program, sequencing and more.
- 256 Voices of V.A.S.T. Polyphony – Over 5x the polyphony of any previous K2 series model.
- 4.5 Gigabytes of Factory Sounds – The K2700 serves up a deep sound library of over 1500 factory Programs and over 700 Multi combinations, organized into 13 instrument categories, ranging from Pianos to Synths to Orchestral sounds and more, featuring unlooped German D, Japanese C7 and Triple Strike pianos, Classic Tine EPs (’73 & ’77), plus updated sounds from their SP6, PC3/4, and KORE64 expansion.
- Patented FlashPlay Technology – Flash-Play provides the K2700 with a staggering amount of horse-power. Up to 8 GB total capacity with zero-loading time, and ultrafast performance.
- 3.5 Gigabytes User Sample Memory – You can load up to 3.5 GB of your own custom samples into non-volatile flash memory. Supported sample formats: .WAV, .AIF (up to 16 bit / 96kHz) and Kurzweil formats (.FOR, .PC4, .P3K, .KRZ, .K25, .K26).
- V.A.S.T. Editing – V.A.S.T. was born in the K2 series. The K2700 expands on Kurzweil’s Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology, offering 32-layers per program, deeply customizable signal paths and a host of modular DSP tools including new oscillators, filters, and FX.
- 6-Operator FM Engine – 6 Operator FM Engine ,with the ability to load original FM SysEx files. FM layers are a new addition to VAST programs and can be combined with VAST features to go far beyond classic FM synthesis.
- Virtual Analog – Embedded within the K2700 are powerful anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators, along with DSP processing from Kurzweil’s mythical VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations, as well as complex new sounds.
- KB3 ToneReal Organs – Modeled after classic organs. A full complement of tonewheel controls are immediately accessible including 9 realistic drawbars, rotary speed, chorus/vibrato, brake, percussion and more.
- Powerful FX Engine – Reverbs, Delays, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, Rotary Amplifiers, Compressors and more – all fully editable from the user-interface. The K2700 also offers a global Master FX section featuring 3-band EQ and Compression.
- K.S.R. – Kurzweil String Resonance – Piano string resonance modeling for enhanced acoustic piano performance.
The K2700 continues the K2x00 tradition of offering tons of real-time control, including:
- Monopressure (aftertouch)
- 1 pitch wheel
- 1 assignable modulation wheel
- 1 assignable ribbon controller
- 9 assignable sliders
- 9 assignable knobs
- 10 assignable buttons
- 16 assignable velocity sensitive pads
- 2 transpose switches
- Tap tempo button and tempo knob
- Arp controls
- Transport controls
- 2 switch pedal inputs
- 2 continuous control pedal inputs
Other features include USB MIDI and audio support, plus USB Host mode, which lets you connect additional USB controllers – like an additional keyboard – the K2700. Software editors for MacOS & Windows are also in the works.
Details on pricing and availability are to come. See the Kurzweil site for more info.