Slime Child Audio’s Coriander Pines let us know that they’ve introduced a new plugin for VCV Rack, Substation.
Substation is a collection of modules designed to create a subharmonic, polyrhythmic synthesis toolkit. While it takes inspiration from the Moog Subharmonicon Eurorack module, with a similar combination of clock-dividing polyrhythmic sequencers and oscillator + dual sub-oscillator voice, it’s an original design with unique sequencing & synthesis options.
- Clock generator with sync and frequency multiplier
- Three-track polyrhythm sequencer
- Four clock dividers
- Routing matrix with configurable logic
- Adjustable range
- Quantizer supporting just intonation or equal temperament
- Voltage controlled oscillator with two subharmonic outputs
- Primary oscillator plus two detuned subharmonic oscillators
- Selectable waveforms: saw (with PWM), square, self-modulation
- Phase-distortion synthesis
- Chainable mixer with analog-emulated drive and saturation
- Exponential attack-decay envelope generators with unique retriggering
- Four-pole ladder lowpass filter
- Non-linear response
- Low CPU analog circuit emulation
- Clean sine self-resonance
- Linear voltage-controlled amplifier
- Decorative blank panels
Price and Availability
Substation for VCV Rack is available now for $10 USD.