Dirtywave has announced that the M8 – a portable tracker sequencer and synthesizer – is now available to pre-order.
The M8 is powered by the Teensy micro-controller and inspired by the Gameboy tracker Little Sound DJ. It features 8 tracks of freely assignable instruments; waveform, FM and virtual analog synthesis; sample playback; and MIDI output.
- 8 Monophonic Tracks/Voices
- 255 Patterns/Phrases & chains
- 256 Instrument Tables for advanced modulation
- 128 Instruments per song
- Song Arranger with Live mode
- Instantaneous song recall
- Full MIDI input & Output support
Instruments & Effects:
- Wavsynth – Classic console & computer chip emulation.
- Macrosynth – Based on Mutable Instruments Braids
- FM – 4 OP 12 algorithm with feedback per operator.
- Sampler – 8/16/24 bit mono and full stereo wav format.
- MIDI Instruments with 10 user definable CCs.
- Global reverb, chorus, delay and a master bus limiter.
- Sample recording and song rendering/bouncing.
- No sample memory or length limitation.
- 3.5mm TRS MIDI (Type A or Type B) input and output.
- Stereo audio input and Headphone/main output
- USB MIDI and Audio compliant
- SDHC Micro SD slot for storage
- 1200mAh USB rechargeable battery – up to 6 hours use.
- High quality 2.8″ IPS display with capacitive touch
- Dimensions: 96mm x 133mm x 18~20mm
Here’s a video demo, via mikey303:
Pricing and Availability
The M8 is available to pre-order for $450.00. Shipping is expected to start in July 2021.