Akai Professional today introduced the MPC One Retro, a new version of the MPC One that combines modern MPC features with old-school MPC styling.
The MPC One Retro features modern MPC functionality, including MPC plugin instruments, insert effects plugins from AIR Music Tech, a 7″ Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen, USB, DIN MIDI, CV/Gate support and an SD card slot. It also can be used as a controller for the included MPC2 – a DAW application that offers 128-track sequencing, real-time time stretching, MIDI editing, clip launching, Ableton Link support and more.
- Limited Edition retro colorway chassis and gray MPC pads
- All the features of the MPC One Standalone (No Computer Required)
- Standalone music production center with 4GB onboard storage
- Fully compatible with projects, programs and sequences from previous MPC versions and legacy hardware
- Comes loaded with loops and samples created by industry-leading sound designers
- Load up your own custom samples via SD card or USB
- 7″ touchscreen allows you to edit and chop samples via gestures
- 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive pads for programming beats and playing melodies
- Includes instruments including DrymSynth, Electric, TubeSynth, Bassline, and AIR FX mixing and mastering processors
- USB controller input allows you to play sounds with your favorite controller keyboard
- 8 CV/Gate outputs for controlling modular synthesizers
- MIDI I/O for integrating synthesizers, drum machines, and other hardware
- Stereo line-level inputs and outputs on 1/4″ TRS connections
- USB-A port for thumb drives or control surfaces
Pricing and Availability:
The MPC One Retro is available now for $899.