1V/Oct has launched a Kickstarter project to fund production of a new Eurorack wavetable synth module, The Centre.
The Centre is a four-voice polyphonic module, with each voice featuring a wavetable oscillator LFO, VCO, Envelope and filter. This means you can use it as a complete polyphonic synth within your rack. It can also be used for sample playback, so you can use it as a MIDI drum module. Other features include clocks, effects, digital VCA and more.
The developers say that The Centre was inspired by the popular software synth Serum:
“The Centre is not a replacement of that great plugin, it just tries to use similar techniques to reproduce similar sound in hardware packages. Using software is not always convenient and running modular performance is much easier without a computer and by using knobs and patching modulations.”
- Polyphony (up to 4 voices of polyphony all controlled independently from V/OCT inputs)
- Wavetable Oscillator with Unison/Detune/Warp
- LFO with Sine, Square and Triangle output that can be freely controlled
- VCO standard high resolution oscillators with Sine, Square and Triangle
- Low Frequency Shaper – Shapes – shapes for low frequency modulations (Serum file-format shapes can be imported)
- AHDSR Envelope
- Filters (Bi-Quad and Diode Ladder)
- Drum Racks – MIDI powered drum sets playing sampled drums
- Sample playback controlled by Gate or MIDI
- Clocks, MIDI clocks, gate dividers
- Ring Modulator
- Wave Folder
- Digital VCA – Voltage Controlled Amplifier
- Simple Multiband Compressor
- 3-Band Equaliser
Pricing and Availability
The Centre is available to project backers as a Eurorack module or as a compact semi-modular synth. It’s available to project backers, starting at about $390 USD.