Expert Sleepers has released firmware 1.8 for the disting EX multifunction Eurorack module.
The update adds a multi-effects processor mode and more.
Here’s what’s new in disting EX v1.8:
- Added the Multi FX algorithm.
- Added the Oscilloscope algorithm.
- Added the ‘Gate offset’ parameter to the Poly Wavetable algorithm.
- Added the ‘Clocks required’ parameter to the Augustus Loop algorithm.
- Added the ‘Reverse’ parameter to the Granulator algorithm.
- Added ‘Start offset’ parameters to the SD 6 Triggers algorithm.
- Added ‘I2C learn’ (like MIDI learn, for I2C).
- Added the ‘Enable High Speed SD’ setting.
- Added the ‘Wake on MIDI/I2C’ setting.
- Added an ‘Ignore’ option to the ‘Program Change Option’ setting.
- Some parameters, notably the sample folders in the SD Multisample and SD 6 Triggers algorithms, and the wavetable in the Poly Wavetable and Dream Machine algorithms, now wait for the user to confirm their choice (by pressing the encoder) before changing.
- The Looper algorithm now stores the loop play/reverse/octave down states in its presets.
- Modified the ‘G’ in the large font used by the quantizer algorithms to make it more distinct from the ‘C’.
- In dual mode, the help texts for the two sides now have independent scroll positions.
- Dual mode algorithms now send MIDI CCs on parameter changes and preset loads (if enabled in the settings).
- Processing of MIDI ‘soft thru’ now continues at all times (rather than stopping e.g. during WAV folder load).
- Single mode presets now store which parameter was active when stored.
- Fixed a problem in the SD Multisample algorithm where the Transpose and Octave parameters would not be correctly applied to notes triggered by MIDI.
- Fixed a problem in the Dream Machine algorithm where setting the numerator and denominator parameters via MIDI would produce unpredictable results.
- Fixed the Quantizer 2 algorithm’s response to MIDI.
See the ES site for details.