Sinevibes has released Eternal 2, a major update to their ‘barber-pole’ flanger plugin for macOS.
Unlike a traditional flanger, which has its tone repeatedly go up and down, a barber-pole flanger goes upwards or downwards in a seemingly infinite fashion.
To do this, Eternal uses a calibrated low-frequency oscillator with six output signals, which modulate and crossfade three flangers in a very special way. Since these oscillators have a “through-zero phase” design, Eternal can go from downwards to upwards motion and back completely seamlessly.
With two distinct timbres available thanks to positive or negative feedback, Eternal can create a wide variety of flanging, chorus, pitch shift and stereo widening effects.
Here’s what’s new in Eternal 2:
- Newly designed user interface, with size scaling up to 200%
- Added VST3 plugin format
- Added built-in preset manager
- Support for any buffer size requested by the plugin host
- Consistent name, mapping, value, and unit implemented for all parameters in both graphic user interface and host control/automation
- Doubled maximum flanger effect range from 3 ms to 6 ms
- Increased Frequency control range and corrected the display of the actual effective value in Hz
- Increased Feedback control range to -100..+100%
- More thorough state initialization when receiving the reset() call from the host
- More natural parameter mapping on Frequency, Stereo, Output controls
- Added all-new presets + reworked collection of all old presets
Pricing and Availability
Eternal 2 is available now for $29 USD.