Tracktion has introduced F.’em, a new software synth for macOS & Windows that they say is one of the most powerful FM synthesizers ever made.
F.’em features a freely configurable 11 operator matrix, and it’s a hybrid quad-timbral synthesizer that can function as an FM, VA and Sample based instrument. Other features include a dual multimode filter, a complex effect section and a flexible modulation matrix.
Here’s the official overview:
- 4 Layers, each with 4 effect slots.
- No fix algorithms, feed any wave operator into any other wave operator forward and backward.
- Wave operators feature hard sync like in analog synthesizers and offer different waveforms from sine wave over analog waves to the waves found in some classic FM synthesizers.
- Two multisample operators. One can frequency-modulate any of the other operators, the other multisample operator can be frequency-modulated by any of the other operators.
- Noise operator that can frequency-modulate any other operator.
- 2 filters with overdrive stage, freely routable in series, parallel or anything in-between.
- Each operator has its own pitch and level LFO and its own pitch and level envelope.
- 2 Flow LFOs with freely editable LFO shapes.
- Tempo-synced, loopable envelopes with up to 32 stages.
- Keyboard level scaling of each operator.
- Modulation matrix with up to 200 entries.
- Modifier matrix with up to 32 modification algorithms.
- Quick edit panel for quick and easy adjustment of timbre and overall envelope.
- Automation of most continuous parameters.
Pricing and Availability
F.’em is available now with an intro price of $107.40 USD (normally $179).