Super MIDI Pak is a new ROM cartridge for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) that turns it into a MIDI synthesizer.
The Pak gives your SNES MIDI In/Out connectors, so you can play it or sequence it using standard MIDI keyboards, sequencers and software.
- Compatible with Super Famicom, NTSC/PAL Super Nintendo, and Super NT
- 16 polyphonic midi channels with independent settings multiplexing over 8 voices
- Standard MIDI sustain, sostenuto, legato switch, portamento (glide), pitch bend, vibrato, pan, volume
- MIDI mono mode (mode 4) with legato operation
- All SPC700 DSP registers are directly writable via CC messages, including echo registers
- Comes with Square Wave, Sine Wave, Triangle Wave, and Sawtooth samples. New samples can be uploaded via WebMidi application, automatically converts from SPC/WAV/SF2 formats.
- USB Micro-B and 3.5″ TRS Type A MIDI interfaces, cables not included
- USB interface is galvanically isolated to prevent ground loop noise
- Save / restore device state across power off and reset
- Play existing SPC files
- Companion web application can convert samples from WAV and SPC files and upload them to the synth
- Firmware upgradeable
Pricing and Availability
Super MIDI Pak is available to pre-order for $99.99 USD.