Cherry Audio today introduced Memorymode, a new software synthesizer for Mac & Windows, based on one of the very best-sounding polyphonic analog synthesizers of the 80s – the Moog Memorymoog.
Memorymode was modeled upon a vintage Memorymoog that was originally owned by jazz legend Chick Corea. The developers say that Memorymode “expands upon the original, without compromising any of the sound or functionality that made it great”, adding new synthesis features, greater polyphony, adjustable ‘slop’, MPE support and more.
Cherry Audio has updated the original design with a variety of features:
- Memorymode’s LFO, arpeggio, and delay effects all feature one-button tempo sync.
- Filter and amplitude velocity sensitivity add a new layer of expressiveness.
- A unique Drift parameter allows continuously-variable adjustment of tuning accuracy, from perfectly in tune, to aged and loose, or anywhere in between.
- The ‘Modern’ button brings Memorymode into the present with fattened bass and sparkling highs.
- Comprehensive MPE support is included for expressive controller performances.
- Memorymode’s effects add the final polish to patches, including a stereo phaser, a stereo ensemble, a flexible tempo-synced echo and a reverb section.
- The user interface has also been streamlined and simplified, trading the original instrument’s numeric-keypad-and-command-numbers with pop-up menus and an improved value display window.
Memorymode Demo Track:
Galassi created this 80’s-inspired track using sounds of the Memorymode synthesizer:
- Ladder filter with selectable 12- and 24-dB/octave slopes
- “Authentically modeled” three oscillator voice architecture
- Up to 16-voice polyphony
- Over 600 presets, programmed by industry veterans
- Expanded Voice Modulation section with up to six simultaneous destinations
- Improved arpeggio section w/tempo sync
- Drift control for increased analog realism
- Tempo-syncable LFO
- Detunable unison mode with up to 48 oscillators per key
- Improved single-key chord memory mode
- Modern button for beefy lows and crystalline highs
- Highly optimized coding for high performance with ultra-low CPU load
- Advanced one-click UI magnification
- Comprehensive MPE support
- Studio-quality phaser, ensemble, delay with tempo sync, and reverb effects
- Full MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls
Pricing and Availability
Memorymode is available now with an intro price of $39, normally $59.