Antares Audio Technology, creators of Auto-Tune, has introduced Auto-Tune Slice, a hybrid instrument that’s both a precision sampler and flexible synthesizer.
The company describes Auto-Tune Slice as “the world’s most advanced vocal sampler.” Auto-Tune Slice is optimized for vocals, but can also be used for beats, instruments, and other audio.
Auto-Tune Slice turns samples into slices that automatically map to your MIDI controller. The application turns any sample into a playable instrument, enabling you to rearrange slices, create new phrases and patterns, and manipulate sounds with 14 onboard effects.
Auto-Tune Slice also “has Auto-Tune baked into its DNA”. Direct Auto-Tune integration lets you tune your samples without ever leaving the Auto-Tune Slice environment. According to the developers, this – along with advanced transient detection – means that it can slice up vocals more accurately than traditional samplers.
Here’s the official tutorial video:
- A powerful, vocal-optimized sampling instrument
- Works with almost any audio sample
- Play any slice chromatically across a keyboard as an instrument
- Built-in Auto-Tune and the classic “Auto-Tune effect”
- Exclusive vocal presets representing multiple genres
- Regular content updates and expansion packs at no extra cost
- Robust onboard effects rack with 14 recordable effects
Pricing and Availability
Auto-Tune Slice is available with Auto-Tune Unlimited, a subscription service that includes every current edition of Auto-Tune, Auto-Tune Vocodist and all 11 of the vocal effects in the AVOX suite. Current Auto-Tune Unlimited subscribers have immediate access to Auto-Tune Slice at no extra cost. New subscribers can access Auto-Tune Unlimited for $24.99 paid monthly, or $18.74 a month with paid annual subscription. A free, 14-day trial is also available.