Shanling’s $995 iPod dock/CD Player/Tuner & tube power amp may be stupidtacular, but check out the tubes on the thing!
Here are the details:
The Shanling MC-30 Music Center is a brushed aluminum CD player and tuner with 3 watts per channel, single ended tube amplifier section, fully remote controlled with a built in iPod docking station.
- The top caps of the front pair of feet are in fact, an input selector and a volume control.
- Combining high quality CD player, tuner, dedicated iPOD input and tube power amplifier in one chassis.
- Philips VAM-12 pick-up mechanism coupled with CD-7II servo system for low jitter tracking
- D/A conversion is accomplished by Burr-Brown PCM1738 DAC chip
- High-quality FM/AM tuning system
- 2x6P1 single-ended tube output stage
- Mini multi-functional lever, concealed input selector and volume control
- All aluminum chassis with cylindrical support and internal screening