Rayzoon has released BonzoPak – a John Bonham style drum library for Jamstix virtual drummer VSTi.
I’m a little iffy on the whole idea of cloning a dead musician’s sound, but I’m sure there’s a place for this.
If you’re interested at all in the idea, check out the Rayzoon demos – like Little Bitta Love & Alert & Aware.
This is a meticulously recorded Luwig Maple kit with head selection and tuning based on the habits of the ‘master’. They included the kit played with mallets as well as snare wires off. A great part of the big sound is the 17′ high recording room we used but, thanks to the controllable ambience, you can also dial it down to get a drier, tighter sound.
The Pak also includes several Jamstix styles based on famous rhythms. As always, you can combine styles, drummers and sounds any which way you want in Jamstix to achieve an enormous array of grooves and sounds.
The Classic Ludwig Maple/Paiste 2002 Sound + New Styles
- 990MB of Ludwig Maple drums and Paiste 2002 cymbals
- up to seven velocity layers with three alternate hits per layer
- five degrees of hihat openness
- recorded in a 17′ high room for massive (but always adjustable) ambience
- includes stick-played kit as well as a mallet-played kits
- single output and multi-output kits with ready-to-go Jamstix EQ and compression settings
- can be used with any other Jamstix 2 style, e-drumkits or traditionally via MIDI by the hos
- includes 10 new Jamstix styles modeled after famous rhythms of the 70s
Requires Jamstix 2.2 (or higher) plus 1GB of free hard drive space
RELEASE DATE: 03/25/2008
LIST PRICE: $49
INTRODUCTORY PRICE: $39