Akai has announced that they are now shipping the MPC5000.
Akai’s MPC5000 is the first MPC to permit eight-track streaming hard disk recording for real-time capture of individual tracks or even entire songs. A 20-voice, three-oscillator analog synthesizer with arpeggiator, a new sequencing engine with 960 PPQ resolution, pad and track muting and mixing, 64 continuous sample tracks and 12 Q-Link controllers highlight just some of the features that make MPC5000 Akai’s most advanced MPC ever.
An optional CD/DVD drive permits usage of audio on CD or DVD in songs, and also records compositions. 650MB of sounds from Loopmasters are included with the MPC5000, so it’s ready to go straight out of the box.
Best of all, it’s got an “old-school” mode, for that vintage sampler sound!
The MPC5000 lists $3,499.00.
- Sixty four-voice drum/phrase sampler with 64MB memory built-in; expandable up to 192MB RAM
- Three-oscillator virtual analog synth engine with arpeggiator
- More than 300 Virtual Analog synths including
- Eight-track direct-to-hard disk recording
- More than 40 unique effects within a modular four-bus effects processor
- Master equalizer and compressor
- “Old school” mode provides vintage sampler sound
- Built-in 80GB hard drive
- Optional CD-R/DVD drive
- USB 2.0 port for computer connectivity
- CF Type-2 card slot (up to 2GB)
- Chop-Shop 2.0 software included – slices stereo loops into individual samples and automatically assigns to pads
- Patched Phrases – creates multiple splits in looped samples to ensure proper tempo sync without changing pitch
- Continuous Sample Track – ensures samples play in perfect sync no matter where you start the beat in a loop
- 12 Q-link controllers for internal automation, external MIDI control and quick parameter editing.
- 240 x 128 hinged backlit LCD is double the size of previous MPC displays
- Ten analog outputs, eight ADAT-optical outputs, and stereo S/PDIF I/O
- Powerful new multimode filter
- Two MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs
- Turntable phono inputs with RIAA preamp
- XLR + 1/4-inch combination inputs, selectable mic/line for use with any input source
MPC5000 is also the first MPC with Random and Cycle sample playback added to the Zone play. A turntable input with preamp and XLR + 1/4-inch inputs provide a wide range of options for connecting any source equipment for production and performance.