Here’s the latest from Image Line:
- FL Studio 8 – In the latest version, FL Studio 8, users have welcomed more than 100 new developments including an improved user interface, updated sound engine, revised mixer, addition of ‘event’ pattern clips to the playlist, new multi-link MIDI learn system and a suite of new and updated plugins. The XXL and Producer Editions come with FL SynthMaker, an FL Studio native version of the popular plugin development application, SynthMaker. Users can now create their own virtual instruments, effects and MIDI dashboards, use them in FL Studio and share them with other SynthMaker users without writing basic code.
- Deckadance. – the latest version (1.4) delivers many new features including a new sound engine with improved time-stretching/compression technology, new BPM setup panel and beatgrid system, new spectral waveform color feature, new pitch range selection, new equalization filters design with improved kill behavior and new autogain engine. Scratch and spinback native support have also been added to the following controlers: Hercules (MKII, MP3 Console, Rmx), Numark Total Control and Behringer BCD2000/BCD3000. Deckadance has matured into a stable cross-platform and, most importantly, has support for a wide range of controller types allowing DJ’s to use their existing controller & vinyl hardware.
- Edison – The wave editor/recorder comes in standalone, VST and FL Studio native versions. Edison loads into any mixer track (VST effects slot) and records or plays audio from that position. Users will be excited to learn that it is possible to load as many instances of Edison as their host can contain. Parallel or chained instances of Edison are all possible. The visually stunning and easy to use interface has more than enough features to satisfy even the most demanding musicians and sound engineers.
- Gross Beat – Gross Beat is a time manipulation effect designed for repetition and scratching effects. Gross beat is perfect for real-time or rendered gating, glitch, repeat, scratching and stutter performances. Gross Beat stores audio in a 2-bar rolling buffer under the control of 36 user definable time and volume envelopes, giving you unlimited creative control.
- Hardcore – Hardcore is a software simulation of the 10 most popular guitar effects pedals. Available for both PC and Mac users, Hardcore gives virtual access to Distortion, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Reverb, Delay, Noise Gate, Equalizer, Compressor and Modulator ‘stomp-box’ style effects, each with a unique sonic character.
- Ogun – Named after the god of iron (according to the Haitian Vodou and Yoruba mythology), Ogun is a powerful synthesizer for creating realistic metallic sounds. Ogun’s distinctive synthesis engine can generate more than 32,000 harmonics, modulated by ‘harmonic mapping’ functions that hand tonal control over the vast number of harmonics directly to the user.
- Sounds of India – Sounds of India, the latest sample collection from Image Line Software, contains over 835 samples weighing in at 1.5 Gb and includes 36 instrument and 2 vocal categories. The collection covers the foundations of the classic Indian sound – Tabla, Sitar, Shenai, Harmonium and Bamboo Flute, but what makes it really unique is the collection of South Indian instruments as Veena, Ganjira, Maddalam, and rare Indian folk instruments (Edakka, Udukku, Darbuka, etc.) The diverse Indian spirit is further enhanced with the inclusion of sounds from many different temple bells and ethnic percussion instruments.