WaveMachine Labs has announced Drumagog 5, the latest version of its drum replacement software.
According to WaveMachine, they’ve added Drumagog features based on customers’ requests:
Among the most requested improvements to Drumagog is sample alignment. While Drumagog 4’s auto align algorithm did a fair job, samples sometimes suffered from phase issues, especially when blended with the original track. Drumagog 5’s new
Auto Align 2.0 is the result of years of collaboration between WaveMachine Labs and Fraunhofer (inventors of the MP3 format). This work has resulted in a revolutionary new sample alignment algorithm. Samples are now phase accurate, even in critical augmentation/blending scenarios. Another significant update is Direct Plugin Hosting. This exciting feature allows Drumagog to host it’s own VSTi plugins, greatly expanding the sound library options. Instruments like BFD2, Kontakt, and Superior Drummer are simply inserted into Drumagog for a seamless triggering experience. Other features include a completely redesigned GUI, improved sample management and more.
Available in the first quarter of 2010, with pricing to be announced, Drumagog 5 represents more than two years of design and development.
Drumagog 5 Features:
- Auto-Align 2.0: A collaboration between WaveMachine Labs and Fraunhofer (inventors of the MP3 format) has resulted in a “revolutionary” new alignment algorithm.
- Direct Plugin Hosting: Play any virtual instrument from within Drumagog. Plugins like BFD2, Kontakt, and Superior Drummer are inserted directly into Drumagog to allow a virtually unlimited sample palette (Platinum version only).
- Re-designed graphic interface: Streamlined control and easier sample editing.
- Support for multiple room samples: The gog format now allows for different room sounds and mics. Simply dial in the amount of room desired.
- Auto Hi-Hat Tracking: automatically detects the hi-hat pedal position (open/closed) in real time.