Roger Linn Design has introduced AdrenaLinn Sync – a software plug-in that offers the same unique beat-synced filter modulation and sequencing effects of their AdrenaLinn III guitar pedal.
It goes further than the AdrenaLinn III, though, adding:
- More Control — More parameters to fine-tune your filter modulation and filter sequencing effects.
- More Randomness — Random sequence generation, random LFO amplitude, plus variable probability of randomly-generated notes or envelope firing.
- More Swing — In additional to half or full swing timing for sequenced notes, you also get on randomly-generated notes.
- Noise source for Self-Generated Noise Beats — Use noise with the sequencer to create synthesized drumbeats, or to excite resonant filters into self-oscillation.
- 2 Simultaneous Modulation Paths — Separately route LFO & Sequencer, or Sequencer Level & Sequencer Envelope, to individual levels of filter frequency, volume and pan modualtion.
- Full Stereo Signal Path — Maintain full stereo from input to output.
- Self-generating sequences — Increase resonance to full for self-oscillating filter or flanger, then use the Sequencer for random or looped self-generating note sequences.
- Musical Scale Constraints — Snap the LFO or Sequencer modulation signals chromatic, major, minor, pentatonic, blues, whole tone, diminished or seven other musical scales.
- Tube-Modeled Distortion — A very warm and smooth distortion with pre-hipass and post-lowpass filters.
- Stereo phaser — A rich, 4-stage stereo phaser.
- 10 Second Stereo Delay with Ping Pong — Makes your beat-synced delays and delay loops more useful. Delay loops as long as 8 bars in length (up to 10 seconds).
- Clean & Simple User Interface — Clearly shows signal flow and modulation routing.
- 128 Great Presets — Includes all of AdrenaLinn III sequenced, random and modulation presets, plus some new self-generating pitched sequences and noise drumbeats.
AdrenaLinn Sync is currently available only for Mac OS X, but they say a Windows version is coming soon. It retails for $99.
Note: AdrenaLinn Sync is based on Cycling 74’s Pluggo which is being phased out. Roger Linn has committed to updating AdrenaLinn Sync to remove this dependency.