Free Music Software: Christian Budde’s Noise Reduction is a free VST plugin for Windows.
The Noise Reduction plugin is based on a spectral gate to filter out unwanted noise in the frequency domain. The gate is based on the lightweight dynamic series and features a soft knee and customizable attack and release times.
Originally this plugin was planned for the KVR’09 developer contest, but in the end I missed the deadline by one day and thus I had to use another plugin for my entry.
- Highly customisable spectral noise gate
- Continous and consistent characteristic
- Fully adjustable soft knee in dB (as margin below the threshold)
- Several exotic window functions available
- Low CPU usage
- Different FFT sizes
- Manual included
- Open source (as part of the Delphi ASIO & VST Project)
Download it from Budde’s site.