Kurzweil Music Systems has announced the PC3LE6, the first of its new PC3LE line of performance control keyboards.
The LE line includes the sound set from the PC3, in addition to many of the PC3’s most popular features like Setup Mode, Song Mode and Quick Access Mode.
The LE’s streamlined user interface has been designed to allow for a quick learning curve. This new, interactive U.I. provides a constant stream of useful information to players; move a controller and the LE will display the controller’s name, value and the parameter to which it’s been assigned. (Example – Knob 5: 43 Reverb Wet/Dry)
The PC3LE line also features USB thumb-drive storage, 16 independent arpeggiators, 16 simultaneous Riffs, 8 backlit impact-sensitive drum pads and high quality 24-bit D/A converters. The 61-note PC3LE6 will be followed shortly by the release of the 76 and 88-note versions, the PC3LE7 and PC3LE8.
Kurzweil has published a page of audio demos at their site.
The Kurzweil PC3LE6 retails for about $1,300.
- Keyboard: Fatar TP-8; 61-note semi-weighted action with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys
- Display: 240 x 64 backlit LCD w/ dedicated back panel contrast control
- Polyphony: 64 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning fast performance
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Architecture: PC3 sound engine, complete with anti-aliased VA oscillators and KB3 Mode. Important synth and effects parameters can be accessed and adjusted via the PC3LE6’s front panel knobs and buttons – user settings can be captured and saved with a single button press. Supports loading PC3 programs
- Factory Presets: PC3 sound set, including Base ROM, Orchestral, Classic Keys, String Section, General MIDI set and over 70 KB3 programs with total of over 800 programs
- Factory MIDI Setups: 256 factory programmed MIDI setups. Up to 2048 user programmable MIDI setups, each with 16 independent zones, effects, triggerable pattern-based “Riffs” and arpeggiator settings. Dozens of user-editable patterns for both pitch and velocity
- General MIDI: Standard
- User Memory: 2048 locations for user created preset programs, songs and setups
- Sequencer: 16 tracks; 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more. Controller chasing and quick “set song loop point” functions are also included
- Effects: 10 insert effects distributed over 10 busses, one auxiliary send; featuring over 500 of our award winning effects – reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 5 front panel knobs (15 virtual knobs with a two-tiered shift button), 7 front panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 2 switch pedal inputs, 1 continuous control pedal input and mono pressure. Controller values can be “captured” and stored as part of a program. In addition to all of these, the PCLE6 also features 8 backlit velocity-sensitive drum pads that can be used to trigger sounds, sequences, chords and arpeggiations
- Arpeggiator: 16 full-featured independent arpeggiators with multiple latch modes, selectable play order, velocity, duration, tempo, and sync functions as well as pre-recorded beats and musical phrases
- Riffs: 16 simultaneous “Riff” generators (used for triggering MIDI sequenced phrases, beats, or complete multi-track arrangments from notes on the keyboard and/or any on-board physical controller)
- Analog Outputs: Two 1/4″ balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Headphones: 1 rear panel 1/4″ headphone output
- Digital Outputs: 24-bit, stereo S/PDIF at 48K (internal clock)
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru
- USB: Host port for connecting a USB thumb-drive and a Device port that allows the PC3LE6 to load and save data directly to and from a computer, perform OS updates and send/receive MIDI over USB
- FREE OS Updates: Flash ROM upgradeable via USB or thumb-drive
- Height: (5.00″) (12.70 cm)
- Depth: (14.50″) (36.83 cm)
- Length: (41.50″) (105.41 cm)
- Weight: (31.00 lb.) (14.06 kg)
- Power: Internal AC power supply
- Automatic selection 90-250V AC operation