Avid has introduced Sibelius First, an entry-level notation and composition application designed to help people notate, scan, play back, transcribe, arrange, print and publish their music.
Sibelius First Features:
- Magnetic Layout: enables users to cut score preparation time in half by automatically moving score elements into their perfect position.
- Dynamic Parts: automatically synchronizes any changes made to music and transposes according to the instruments they contain.
- Keyboard and Fretboard windows: allows users to input notes by clicking on keys, or by playing their computer’s keyboard like a piano, ideal for anyone unfamiliar with many of the basics of music notation.
- Chord symbols: enables songwriters to add chord symbols for an entire lead sheet in just a few seconds.
- Easy to Share: Allows composers to easily play back scores and create audio files for backing tracks, CDs and MP3 sharing.
- Online publishing – Allows consumers to publish music online in a form that can be played back, transposed and printed out directly within a Web browser. Consumers can also sell their music online at SibeliusMusic.com.
Sibelius First is compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 or later, Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit). It retails for $129 MSRP.