Getting Started With Audacity 1.3 is a new book that discusses how to create podcasts and edit music with the free & open source audio editor Audacity.
- Learn to use the Audacity software–what it is, how to install it, and all of its main features
- Learn setting up projects and how to record your content for your first podcast
- Master audio editing basics for voice tracks like trimming, amplifying, removing “noise,” duplicating and splitting tracks, changing pitch, speed, and more
- Create MP3 Podcasts from your saved projects and then prepare the file and upload it to personal websites or iTunes
- Learn more about advanced editing techniques like fading in and out, click removal, timeshifting, using multiple audio tracks, overdubbing, mixing and more
- Add background music to projects as well as import music from CDs, cassette tapes, and vinyl records
- Use all the audio effects pre-installed with Audacity like echo, amplify, bass boost, and normalize
- Install and use Audacity plugins like Nyquist, LADSPA, and VST effects
- Common terms used audio recording and editing as the book has a complete Glossary
- All toolbar, menu, and keyboard shortcuts used in the software
The target audience for Getting Started With Audacity 1.3 is people new to audio recording and editing with Audacity.