Native Instruments has released Reaktor 5.5 – a free update that adds a number of improvements and additions.
New in Reaktor 5.5:
- Fully reworked, streamlined user interface: A complete overhaul of REAKTOR’s interface delivers a new level in usability and improved workflow. The changes make REAKTOR 5.5’s iconic creative potential easier to tap than ever before.
- Two new synthesis modules:
- Additive Synthesis – The additive synthesis technology in REAKTOR 5.5 allows instrument builders to create sound in a new way. This elaborate module allows instrument designers to realize additive synthesis beyond the CPU limitations of previous REAKTOR versions, as it has been radically optimized to handle large number of partials in a more efficient way. For ensemble users, instruments can now be created that allow accesses to sound parameters that were not possible before. The included Lazerbass instrument is a ready-made example of this technology in action.
- Modal Synthesis – The Modal Module is a synthesis method made up of an exciter signal and a resonator, and is great for synthesizing percussive sounds ranging from mallets to vibraphones, as well as sustained sounds like woodwinds. The physical modeling algorithms used in modal synthesis simulate the behavior of real instruments, allowing for highly expressive and playable results. The first synth to utilize this technology is REAKTOR PRISM*, created by Native Instruments founder and father of REAKTOR, Stephan Schmitt.
- New Ensemble Content – REAKTOR 5.5 comes armed with fresh sounds and ensembles. Alongside the now-included REAKTOR Electronic Instruments 1 and 2, comes a new synth from the creators of MASSIVE – Lazerbass.
- Revised Structure Editor and Audio Engine – The improvements made to the Structure editor and audio engine mean greater flexibility and more powerful control over REAKTOR.
- Improved documentation – REAKTOR 5.5 also brings reworked documentation, with the Application Reference manual (400 pages) completely rewritten to better reflect the latest improvements, updates and enhancements within this version. All materials now refer to the new user interface while the reworked Getting Started makes it even easier to join the world of REAKTOR.