studio.HD is a new music creation app that offers eight multilayered audio tracks (up to 24 total tracks of playback) with recording, editing, mixing, effects, automatic loop tempo correction and a loop library.
It’s available now in the iTunes store for $7.99. If you’ve used studio.HD, leave a comment with your thoughts!
- Browse and audition loops arranged into Loop Sets that logically group instrument parts (drums, bass, guitars, keys, etc.) that work well together. Audition audio at the current Project tempo and with the current arrangement.
- Tons of Loop Sets. Examples are included plus you get download access to all the Loop Sets in Looptastic HD and new Rock, Pop, Metal, Country and Funk loops.
- Import your own loops from Mac and PC too, using the new File Sharing feature in iTunes.
- 8 tracks + layers = 24 tracks of audio playback
- studio.HD accommodates multiple layers per track to give you at least 24 tracks!. Screen space and workflow are optimized to reduce the endless scrolling found in other apps.
- Just hit the record button, listen to the count-off, and get ready to jam. Use Loop Record to lay down a few takes and choose your best or edit together a hybrid.
- Grab your audio parts and Edit, Delete, Copy, Paste and Loop them to make your composition just the way you want it. Use the Loop Control bar to copy/paste whole verses!
- “Auto-Zooms” to put your whole arrangement in view with a quick double-touch.
- Edit Regions can be overlapping and layered on each track. Layered Regions explode and show an overlay screen that lets you choose a layer to edit. All operations intelligently snap to Bar/Beat based on Zoom level. A Loop Control Bar lets you move the looped region PLUS select all Regions on all tracks in the Loop start to Cut/Copy/Paste whole sections of your songs like verses and choruses.
- Multitouch – “2-finger” dragging quickly copies a part, similar to the Option-Drag copy technique on the Mac.
- Truncate an audio file’s beginning and end points to “top and tail” a recording or grab a handle to Loop (repeat) a part to play longer. Drag Edit Regions between tracks and anywhere within the Arrangement.
- Mix it with faders + effects – Every track has its own volume control and effects capability. Just drag and drop an effect from the FX list to assign that effect to a track. You get Bitcrusher, Flanger, Hi and Low Pass Filters and Delay effects used in Looptastic. Set effect parameters with an XY controller to (like resonance and frequency for the filters).
- Export your mix. – Save a Mixdown to an AIFF 16/44 that you can sync on your Mac/PC and then import into iTunes to wow your friends. Share files with your computer using the new iTunes App File Sharing capabilities.