This is a sneak preview of SONiVOX PULSE Advanced Production Instrument, a new software music production workstation:
PULSE combines the feature set highlights of today’s popular hardware music production units, along with the power and multidimensional capabilities afforded by the software paradigm. In doing so, PULSE is able to offer music producers expanded features & functionality as well as an unrestricted workflow, eliminating multiple menus, button clicks, memory limitations, and more.
- Next-generation music production software for MAC and PC, combining MPC style editing and workflow.
- Imports most MPC file formats including MPC 60/II, MPC 3000, MPC 2000, MPC 2000XL, MPC 1000, MPC 2500, MPC 500, MPC 5000, as well as AIFF, WAV, Broadcast WAV, ACID & MP3 files.
- 8 User-assignable stereo outputs and 8 User-assignable effects busses, complete with tempo sync stereo delay, EQ, and reverb effects
- Onboard real-time sampling
- 64 user assignable pads with Infinite sample layering and multiple playback modes
- Per pad editing of LFO, volume, pitch, envelope, panning, and filter with ten user selectable filter types.
- User-assignable auto pitch map, velocity override (full), choke and one shot modes
- User adjustable input-quantize
- Over 400 premium instruments and drum kits
- Midi learn & save functionality, PULSE is instantly compatible with any MIDI keyboard or pad controller
- Pad-specific variable resolution note repeat
- Advanced multi-mode pattern and step sequencer which optionally locks to your DAW/host
- Works as a MAC or PC Standalone application or as a VST, AU, & RTAS plugin.
PULSE is slated for a release date of November 1st 2010, with a MSRP of $199.99 and an estimated street price of $149.99. Some retailers will be offering PULSE at an introductory price of $99.99 throughout the holiday season.