Tom Oberheim, one of the most revered names in the history of analog synths, has released additional information and pricing on his ‘latest’ synthesizer – the Son Of Four Voice.
The Son Of Four Voice brings together four monophonic SEM synth modules to create one polyphonic MIDI-controlled analog monster synth.
- Four classic Synthesizer Expander Module (SEM) synth modules
- SEMs are 100% discrete analog – no custom chips
- New state of the art Voice Control & Programmer retains all features of the original Four Voice Programmer and Keyboard control modules while adding new capabilities
- SO4V may be used as a four-voice polyphonic synthesizer or as four individual synthesizers under MIDI control
- Two MIDI sync capable LFOs with multiple waveshapes including sample and hold per voice
- Two programmable ADSR envelope generators per voice
- Selectable master tuning (both VCOs or VCO2 only) allows easy detuning for huge unison sounds
- Polyphonic portamento with linear or exponential response
- Noise generator connected to filter input #1
- External audio or A440 tuning reference connected to filter input #2
- Updated output module with mix and pan control for each voice
- Two SO4Vs can be easily connected together – result: eight voices!
- Signature plate–each SO4V comes with Tom Oberheim’s signature on the front
While the Son Of Four Voice updates the classic 70’s Oberheim Four Voice synthesizer, it retains some of the original’s limitations.
Oberheim notes, “The SO4V is a special machine – for ease of use and fast setup, it is outdone by numerous hardware and software synths conceived for the mainstream. But there is nothing on the planet that SOUNDS like it!”
The Oberheim Son Of Four Voice retails for $3495.
Details at the Oberheim site.