Fingerlab has released DM1, their ‘advanced vintage Drum Machine’ for iPad.
It features 24 electronic drum kits. 12 classic vintage drum kits, plus 12 in-house produced electronic kits, edited and mastered at Fingerlab’s studio.
Here’s what the developers have to say about DM1:
As electronic musicians ourselves, we, at Fingerlab, have developed DM1 with the intention of delivering the perfect mix between fun playability and powerful sonic capacities. We always keep in mind the importance of a beautiful design with the right balance of powerful abilities while avoiding clumsy, overbusy interfaces.
DM1 offers 5 main sections:
- STEP SEQUENCER – turn on and off steps in your sequence with the tip of your fingers
- THE DRUM PADS – play and record beats
- THE MIXER – features settings for volume, pitch, sample length, custom drum kit element for each channel, mute and solo mode.
- THE FX TRACKPADS – effects include: Phaser, Overdrive, Delay, Texturizer* and Robotizer* (* for iPad 2 only).
- THE SONG COMPOSER allows you to quickly make a song with the beat patterns you have created. Drag and drop the patterns onto the timeline.
- Graphic design by Jonas Eriksson
- Smart ergonomy for fast creativity and fun
- 24 vintage and produced drum kits, mastered at in-house Fingerlab Sound Studios
- Mixer page with pitch, length and level rotary controls, and custom drum kit per channel
- Extra fast drum kit loading
- Playable pattern selection for extra creativity
- 9 Big Drum pads, quantized recording and MPC-like Repeat touch-stripe
- Step Sequencer with multi-touch matrix
- Duo FX Trackpads for real-time sonic destruction and multi-FX
- Mode song with intuitive editing
No mention is made of MIDI support.
DM1 is priced at $7.99, but is currently available for $1.99 in the App Store.