Korg has released a free update for the Kronos, System Version 1.5, that Free update adds more space for sounds, USB MIDI input, & software editing.
Here’s what’s new in Kronos System Version 1.5:
- New Program banks provide 896 additional free slots to store programs from Korg, from third party developers, or those you create yourself
- 7 new banks each of Wave Sequences and Drum Kits to match the new Program banks
- The maximum number of RAM Samples and Multisamples has been increased by four, allowing Kronos to load more samples at once
- Supports input from USB MIDI controllers: play Kronos sounds from auxiliary keyboards via USB
- Direct support for playing and selecting chords from Korg pad-equipped USB controllers, including the nanoPAD, nanoPAD2, and KONTROL series
- Support for installing additional RAM: more than double the amount of memory for EXs and RAM samples
- Support for the Kronos Editor and Plug-in Editor software
The update is free to all registered Kronos owners, and is available for download now.
If you’re a Korg Kronos owner – let us know what you think of the System 1.5 update!
2 thoughts on “Free Korg Kronos Workstation Update – Here’s What’s New”
No sequencer update? Isn’t it a bit embarrassing waste of touch screen, that’s ca. the size of iPad? No controlling the knobs?