Sony Creative Software has released SpectraLayers Pro – an new audio editing platform that lets you explore audio data on a multidimensional spectral display and ‘unmix’ audio files into discrete component layers using a variety of smart editing tools. Process extracted layers individually in an unlimited number of ways.
- Smart editing tools – Three configurable tools: Harmonics, Frequency, and Area, predict what your desired selection should be. Dial them in to highlight only what you need, quickly, cleanly, and intuitively.
- Layer to layer copy and paste – SpectraLayers Pro takes audio copy and paste functionality into whole new dimensions. Shuttling blocks of sound between layers can be used in analysis and repair tasks as well as for radically creative arranging and rearranging of sound.
- View, modify and draw tools – SpectraLayers Pro turns sound into a three-dimensional world of eye candy that can be entered and operated on using configurable tools.
- Audio extraction – You’re never more than three steps away from a new audio layer in SpectraLayers Pro.
- VST effects – VST effects can be applied to individual layers. SpectraLayers Pro can also pass whole layers, and even bandwidth-limited selections from within layers, directly to other dedicated audio editing programs like Sound Forge Pro.
- Noise reduction – comprehensive noiseprint-based noise reduction.
- Recording audio – Record directly into as many new layers as you need. Replace audio in any selected layer with newly recorded audio.
SpectraLayers Pro is available now for Mac & Windows and Mac for US $374.95. A demo version is available.