Here’s a first look at the HEXTEP MIDI Step Sequencer, a analog style step sequencer.
t’s got some interesting tricks up its sleeve, including a built in voice & speaker for setting up sequencers, MIDI effects and a Euclidean Rhythm mode.
Pricing and availability are to be announced, but we’ve got a video sneak preview, plust details below.
Check it out and let us know what you think of the HEXTEP!
- 16 Steps each with Pitch & Velocity, On / Off switches
- Active Step LEDs (Dim)
- Clock LED (Bright)
- TEST step with Scrubbing (While Stopped)
- Scrubbing/Nudging while playing and ‘Test’ button triggers step overriding step switch
- Internal Clock
- External MIDI Clock Sync – With Variable Resolution
- MIDI Notes output
- MIDI Channel Selection
NOTE Features: (Midi only not not on-board oscillator)
- Transpose – UP / DOWN & ‘+1’
- Chord – Type Selection, momentary or latching
- Adjustable Sequence Length, momentary or latching
- Reverse Sequence Order
- Variable Swing
- Variable ‘Active Step’ Pattern Shuffler and play toggle
- Playhead Step Jitter – 1 to 5 playheads and variable time between them (‘Root note only’)
- Variable Delay – independent delayed note repeat at half velocity (Root note only, No chord)
- Variable Beat Repeat
- Tempo, RUN, STOP LEDs
- Internal 9v battery or USB Power
- Internal Oscillator and speaker
- EUCLIDEAN RHYTHM MODE