Digital synth pioneer Wolfgang Palm has introduced a new software synthesizer for iOS, MiniMapper.
PPG MiniMapper features the same audio engine that powers his PPG WaveMapper synth, but with limited editing. Sounds created in the WaveMapper can be imported into PPG MiniMapper.
PPG MiniMapper comes with 10 pages:
- Sound Map – Manual Mode
- Sound Map – Accelerator Mode
- Sound Map – Magic Mode
- Arptor – Start/Stop/Rec, Range, Up/Down/Random
- Audio Recorder / Keyboard Editor
- Modifiers Page – two X/Y controller with selectable routing
- System Setup – Number of Voices, Sample Rate, other constants
- MIDI Setup – In / Out and controller
- Easy data exchange between PPG MiniMapper and PPG WaveMapper
- Preset Browser
- Bank Manager – copy presets between banks
Palm calls MiniMapper ‘an ideal partner app’ for those who already own either PPG WaveGenerator or PPG WaveMapper.
Release date is estimated to be April 20th 2013. Price: US $3.99. More details are to come.