apeSoft has released Stria – described as a ‘Multilevel Interactive Sound Synthesizer’ for iOS.
“Stria is the title of a very important composition by John Chowning,” notes the developer, “This computer music piece rapresents the manifest of Frequency Modulation technique applied to audio synthesis, invented by Mr. Chowning himself.”
- Up to 240 Frequency Modulation Oscillators or simple Wavetable Additive
- Five Spectral Pitch Grid Generators (Geometric, Harmonic, Fibonacci, Scalar, Temperated)
- Event Pitch Jittering
- Event Envelope
- Oscilloscope and animated XY Pad
- Effects chain: Doppler, Chopper, Glitch Gen, Sync Grain, Spectral Arpeggiator, FDN Reverb, Dynamic Compressor/Expander
- Save unlimited Snapshots number
- Pad interpolating snapshots
- MIDI/Network Control Change input
- Connection Control: Midi, Scrub Y and Accelerometer X/Y
- Capture Master Audio Output
- Run Audio in Background
- Embedded User’s manual
- Up to 25 built-in snapshots presets
- Sonoma Audio copy and paste
- Dropbox supports
- Audiobus compatible
No audio or video demos are available yet for Stria on the developer’s site.
Stria is available in the App Store for US $8.99.
If you’ve Stria, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!
5 thoughts on “Stria Multilevel Interactive Sound Synthesizer”
got it but i am waiting for some tutorials 😉
to busy to read manuals
nice sounds but I cant control it yet
just downloaded it.
pretty amazing sounds!
wish it was multi-touch.
Sorry, too expensive for what it does.
It isn’t multitouch? I may wait on an update then, I love the Apesoft’s iDensity & iPulsaret but they both have really fiddly controls..
not multitouch that i can see/use. maybe there’s some way to make it so after reading the manual.
still, the sound possibilities are very cool.
i too have ipulsaret and there are some great things about it. but i really wish the controller routing for it and this new app was not global. they really should make it be on a per-patch basis. (hopefully they’ll read this and update it so that it is).
i’ve held off on idensity because it seems like the same engine as ipulsaret with a different control skin and i don’t really relish buying the same basic app at that price . . . if/when it goes on sale, i might.