Virtones has announced vPed, a new device that turns your VST/VSTi plugins into a hardware effects pedal.
Here are the details:
- Guitar and XLR mic inputs, that can also be used at the same time. Balanced/unbalanced outputs.
- MIDI capabilities, to connect a midi keyboard for the use of VSTi virtual instruments.
- Up to 8 slots assignable to VST / VSTi pugins, activated/deactivated by footswitches.
- 4 Expression/value pedal inputs, up to 4 ON/OFF foot switches inputs and 4 virtual switches available, all easily assignable to any plugin parameter.
- Data stored on a solid state drive (8G standard equipment, on request 16/32G).
- Quickly modify the effects chain.
- Capability to activate all plugins or one plugin at a time
vPed is expected to be available in October; pricing is TBA.