Dave Smith Instruments today introduced the Mopho SE – a ‘bigger, badder’ take on their monophonic Mopho synthesizer.
The Mopho SE is based on the same architecture as the Mopho Keyboard, but it’s been updated with a larger 44-note keyboard and design that’s closer to the Prophet synths than the original Mopho.
Here are the details…..
The Mopho SE
The Mopho SE voice is composed of two analog oscillators, two sub octave generators, selectable 2- or 4-pole famed Curtis low-pass filter, three 5-stage envelope generators, four LFOs, a re-latchable arpeggiator, and a 16 x 4 step sequencer. Its voice also comes packed with 20 modulation sources and almost 50 destinations.
The SE’s full sized 44-note semi-weighted keyboard has aftertouch and velocity sensitivity. The sturdy full sized pitch and mod wheels are freely assignable.
You can expand the Mopho SE’s polyphony using it’s Poly Chain port. Mopho, Tetra, and Prophet ’08 can all be connected to the SE to increase its voice count.
- 100% analog signal path
- Two oscillators capable of producing sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle, and variable pulse width square waves, with hard sync
- Two sub-octave generators (one octave below oscillator 1 and two octaves below oscillator 2)
- One classic Curtis low-pass filter (switchable 2- or 4-pole) with audio rate modulation, self-oscillating in 4-pole mode
- Analog VCA
- Three envelope generators (ADSR plus delay)
- Feedback loop with programmable level and gain
- White noise generator
- 4 LFOs
- Gated 16 x 4 step sequencer (one sequence per program)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- Full-sized, 44-note (F to C), semi-weighted keyboard action with velocity and aftertouch
- Full-sized modulation wheel and spring-loaded pitch wheel
- Fully programmable with 3 banks of 128 user programs (384 total)
- USB type B receptacle
- MIDI In, Out/Thru, and Poly Chain
- Left and Right audio outputs: 1/4″ phone jack (unbalanced)
- Audio Input: 1/4″ phone jack (unbalanced)
- Sustain pedal input (accepts normally on or off momentary footswitch with 1/4″ phone plug)
- Expression pedal/control voltage (3.3 VDC max.) input (1/4″ TRS phone jack)
- Headphone output: 1/4″ TRS stereo phone jack
- Dimensions: approximately 25.2″ L x 11.1″ W x 3.6″ H (64 cm x 28.2 cm x 9.1 cm)
- Weight: 13.25 Lbs
- Power supply for 100V – 240V AC operation
- Operation manual
- Free downloadable software editor for Mac OS and Windows
Pricing and Availability:
The Mopho SE is priced at $949 and is expected to ship at the end of October. See the DSI site for more info.
Check it out and let us know what you think of it!