Propellerhead has updated Take Creative Vocal Recorder for iOS, adding new features, a tutorial and other fixes.
Here’s what’s new in version 1.1:
Key New Features:
- Song navigator replaces the scrub bar. It gives you an overview of the recorded spaces. Drag to scrub, or tap directly to jump to a point in time.
- Redo mode now restores to the last audio change undone.
- Tutorial walks you through how to use Take. Re-enable viewing it from Take’s settings.
- Clearer UI for indicating the beginning and end of recordable space.
Fixes & Improvements:
- Improved audio recording latency correction on all devices.
- Faster rendering feedback when recording.
- Preview backing tracks without running all the way to the end of the recordable space—when no audio has been recorded.
- System view page scrolls to the selected back track on open.
- Sleep timer is disabled by default to prevent the device from locking while recording (can be disabled in Take’s settings).
- Proximity sensor is disabled to prevent the screen from darkening while in use.
- Device supports upside-down orientation. Adjust your device’s mic/cables as you like for the best recording position for you.
- Open shared songs directly opened in Safari from the share page after upload.
- When sharing in mail, Facebook, and Twitter, the text is automatically pre-filled with the song name and a message inviting friends to listen to the song.
- Song shares are cropped better to prevent leading and trailing silence.
- Lots of bug fixes and stability improvements.
Take Creative Vocal Controller is a free download from the App Store.
If you’ve used Take, let us know what you think of it!